Connaissez-vous vraiment le soya?
What is a mini course?
A mini course is a short course on a very specific topic that gives your audience a taste of your expertise in a small but meaningful way. Students can learn the content in just a handful of lessons, or steps.
For some examples, read our guide on mini courses.
Why create a mini course?
Mini courses are great courses to start with. Here’s why:
- You can use it as a lead magnet to grow your audience. (A lead magnet is a piece of content you give away for free in exchange for someone’s email address.)
- You can offer the course for free or at a low price point
- You can create one in a shorter amount of time, and students can complete the content quickly. It’s a win-win.
- Once students see you in action, they’ll begin to trust your expertise and teaching style. This makes them more likely to buy from you in the future.
How is this template structured?
This template uses 1 section, with 6 lectures:
- What you’ll learn in this course: Welcome your students and get them excited by reaffirming the outcomes they’ll achieve through completing this course. You might like to create a video to introduce yourself and set the tone for this course, but text and images are fine too.
- 3 x lectures: Add text, images, or video to these. We recommend aiming for 1 key takeaway per lesson. We’ve created 3 lessons to get you started, but you can always add more if needed. You might like to add downloadable resources (like workbooks or templates) to these lessons too.
- Test your learning: Test their knowledge with a quiz to immediately apply their learnings.
- Next steps: Now that they’ve finished your mini course, provide your students with a clear path on what to do next. Often, this might be an upsell to a paid course, a request for feedback, or some other call-to-action that you want them to take.
Before you publish…
- Rename all sections and lectures to fit your content. (For example, replace “Lesson 1” with a name that shares what students will learn, like “Lecture 1.1 - Drawing Circles”.)
- Delete this “How to use this template” section.